Rally for public health care at Trudeau-Premiers meeting in Ottawa on Feb. 7
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and the Premiers will be discussing health care on February 7 in Ottawa. Join us outside that meeting to send a loud message to our leaders: our public health care system needs to be protected and expanded.
Profit doesn’t care! Stop privatization! Pharmacare now!
Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Gather at the Terry Fox Statue (Wellington and Metcalfe Street), Ottawa
MC: Alex Silas, Public Service Alliance of Canada – National Capital Region
- Pauline Worsfold, RN, Canadian Health Coalition
- Siobhan Vipond, Canadian Labour Congress (CLC)
- Mark Hancock, Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE)
- Sharleen Stewart, Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
- Naureen Rizvi, Unifor
- Chris Aylward, Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC)
- Riaz Nandan, Canadian Federation of Students (CFS)
- Jason MacLean, National Union of Public and General Employees (NUPGE)
- Linda Silas, RN, Canadian Federation of Nurses Unions (CFNU)
Organized by the Canadian Health Coalition.
The following unions/organizations have endorsed the rally:
BC Health Coalition, Canadian Labour Congress (CLC), Canadian Federation of Nurses Unions (CFNU), Canadian Federation of Students (CFS), Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE), Coalition Solidarité Santé (CSS), Civic Institute of Professional Personnel (CIPP), Congress of Union Retirees of Canada (CURC), Council of Canadians, Friends of Medicare, Inter Pares, London Health Coalition, National Association of Women and the Law, National Farmers Union, National Union of Public and General Employees (NUPGE), Manitoba Health Coalition, Ontario Health Coalition, OPSEU/SEFPO Hospital Professionals Division, Ottawa Health Coalition, Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC), Service Employees International Union (SEIU), Unifor and United Steelworkers.
To add your organization’s name to the endorsers, email Tracy at email@example.com.
Share our Facebook event page.
Download/print/post our poster –